Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's My Anniversary!

One year ago today I went back to work after 12 years of being a stay at home Mom.

It was one of the hardest things I have ever done (not a decision I had a choice in) and I still wrestle with it everyday. I get tears in my eyes every Monday morning when I drop Tuck off at school or think about missing their "just after school excitement" when telling what happened at school that day. I miss having lunch with them (I too far way to drive in).

BUT...I work for the best boss a Mom could ask for! She has a college age daughter of her own and has worked there for 12 years so she understands. Not once has she ever denied my request to ask off or been put out when I have asked. AND I really enjoy what I do. It is creative and I work with my hands. Last, but not least all the people I work with are enjoyable, honest and respectable. I feel very blessed to have found this job and that Lynn and Melissa (owner) gave a Stay at Home Mom with no local references a chance.

Have a great day!

Hugs,
K

2 comments:

Cindy said...

K
Happy Anniv! : D

c

Pam Sivage said...

Congrats on 1 year! You made it and did it well!!