Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
It was one of the hardest things I have ever done (not a decision I had a choice in) and I still wrestle with it everyday. I get tears in my eyes every Monday morning when I drop Tuck off at school or think about missing their "just after school excitement" when telling what happened at school that day. I miss having lunch with them (I too far way to drive in).
BUT...I work for the best boss a Mom could ask for! She has a college age daughter of her own and has worked there for 12 years so she understands. Not once has she ever denied my request to ask off or been put out when I have asked. AND I really enjoy what I do. It is creative and I work with my hands. Last, but not least all the people I work with are enjoyable, honest and respectable. I feel very blessed to have found this job and that Lynn and Melissa (owner) gave a Stay at Home Mom with no local references a chance.
Have a great day!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
was a very busy day...
* Tuck had a soccer game in DeSoto at 9:00 (be there at 8:30) They lost, but definate improvement over last time we play this huge team! They only scored 5 this time instead of 25 (exageration, but felt like it) and we scored our first goal of the season!
* About an hour in between, run home get ready for Keyto's soccer pick up house a little
* Keyto has a soccer game in Glenn Heights (Red Oak's new home fields) at 12:00 (be there at 11:30)
* Keyto's game is running late of course so we (Brent and I) are getting very nervous about getting to BAM's baseball field in time...call home and tell BAM and Tuck to get ready and get cooler ready. Keyto WINS again! Great game and kids did great!
* BAM has baseball at 4:00 and 6:00 (be at field at 2:45)
* Stuck in State Fair traffic...Brent is having a cow! I say call the coach and tell him... it is only 2:15, we may not be there by 2:45, but we will definately make game time...has he not been driving in Dallas traffic professionally for years and years now??? (me rolling my eyes)
* Made it by 2:50...no big deal
Win both games, finally get home around 9:45.
Brent goes to work at 6:00 am
* BAM has game at 12:00 (be there at 11:00, leave house at 10:00) I can now drive to Flowermound with my eyes closed, well probably. I have been so many times in the last year I don't need handwritten notes, yahoo maps or GPS! Lose game, not so good.
*Keyto has practice at 2:00 in Red Oak, luckily Coach Terri picks him up. This was Keyto's first ride in an open Jeep. Ask him to tell you about it sometime, I was laughing hysterically. He was griping the seat with his buttocks and the floorboard with his toes all while worrying he and his soccer bag were going to fly out!! Needless to say he has a very COOOOL coach.
Whew, so glad that Mon. - Wed. this week we have nada, nothing, zilch, zero in the evenings after work. Now Thursday is double whammy with Tuck's soccer practice and Keyto has Band rehearsal for big perfomance at the high school game on Friday night. Saturday is two soccer games at the same time on two different fields, band car wash, and basketball signups (no rest for the mom of boys I tell ya), Tuck's Fall Festival (no I'm not volunteering to work, I feel guilty, but want to spend time with kids), and Movie in the Park if we decide to go (probably not, but we'll see), and luckily a weekend off from baseball!
Now, as for the pictures that is Brandan on yes, a different team, the Arlington A's. They have red and navy jerseys. I kinda like the pic at night with the fence. Papa thinks we have put BAM's number in the bathrooms at the field: NEED A PLAYER CALL.... too funny, but almost true...not really . (wink)
Keyto at his game running and playing hard. He is a very aggressive defenseman.
The last are Tuck and Keyto at the baseball field playing soccer with some other kids. Tuck is getting fancy with the soccer ball. Didn't realize he was high stepping like that when I took the pic. The 2nd pic I love...a little brotherly love - high or low fiving each other.
Hope this post isn't too long, just lots to share.
Love and miss you all.