Monday, August 31, 2009

Fun Saturday!

My boys took me here first thing Saturday!

It was amazing. I have been wanting to go check out "The Red Shed".
My BFF mentioned the place to me, then I ran into their blog while blog hopping one fine day!
Their blog has lots of fabulous treats!

This past Saturday was their "Special Sale" that they only have four times a year.

The ladies were so nice and helpful. We (Brent even) got lots of fun ideas for our backyard.

I found a pretty vintage lampshade like I have been wanting.
I will take off the fabric and decorate with ribbon and vintage ephemera.
I also found a cute little two drawer utensil type holder thing-a-ma-jig.
Downtown Grapevine was a delight and I think next time I may grab a girlfriend or two and stroll through more of the downtown stores and sights.

We then took Brando to Rosa's Cafe for his birthday lunch. There isn't one within 45 min. of us. It's one of our top 5 restaurants we miss from Lubbock.

Brent gave us an unexpected, unplanned tour of downtown Dallas which included Highland Park and SMU. I love to see what all is hidden in downtown Dallas. We are always on the main highway/interstate and in a hurry to baseball or soccer, so there's never much time to just explore. I always wonder where taking one of those less busy/popular exits will take us. I know there is so much more around here to see and do than what is in our little corner of North Texas. It was fun and interesting. The homes in Highland Park are amazing!!

I hope you had a fun and adventurous weekend too!

Hugs, K

No comments: