Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm Trying

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, it has been so busy since we got back Sunday.

Monday I got off at 4:30 and headed home to check on my two youngest before heading to the High School baseball field. Brando's scrimmage was canceled (in another town) due to new dirt being put on the field! Who knew?!? When they put down new dirt, you aren't supposed to play on it!! Or so I'm told...

Anyway, word was, Brando was going to stay and watch/maybe play with the Varsity!! How exciting for him. So cool! Soooo...I get there at 5:15 (schedule says it will start at 5:30). I wait in my car until 5:30 and decide to get out when I see other parents showing up. Walk up to score box and Brando's friend tells me they won't start until 6:00 since other team isn't even there (you know the team from the same school that won't let JV play on new dirt). Soooo...back to car. The game does finally start around 6:00 and goes until 9:00 (it was wet and cold)!! My two youngest are at home fending for themselves because I am afraid to leave and miss B playing. He does finally go up to bat in 9th inning and gets on base with a walk. He said later he was so nervous in the dugout. I knew he must be. I think it was a great experience to see how different High School ball is from Little League and Select. Coaches were cussin and the the Varsity Captain evidently chewed them out (other team was closing in on our lead). He was pretty pumped to say the least. Needless to say, by the time we got home we were both exhausted.

Last night Keyto had practice and Tuck's was canceled due to possibly severe weather. When I got home I was trying to upload pics onto here from our Super Bowl party before the weather got bad. Blogger was trying to load...then poof, no internet for a second and gone. So, by that time I figured I had better turn off computer and watch the lighting show.

We don't have any sports tonight, so I will get SBowl pics and trip pics posted hopefully.

I would give anything for a couple of uninterrupted hours to make some Valentines!! Are you ready for some romance?? I did get a couple of little chocolatey things for the boys yesterday. I am making a giant chocolate chip cookie decorated with red frosting for Tuck's school party. It's all about the frosting when you're 6 years old. Hopefully will have time to decorate a jar for some candy for his teacher.

Have a great day!
Hugs,
K

No comments: