Thursday, November 13, 2008

West Texas






We went home this last weekend for a very special birthday party (more about that tomorrow)! It was our first trip home as a family (meaning with Brent) since we moved here 17 months ago. I have been back lots with the boys, Brent went back with work a few times and once with Brando, but never all of us in one car at one time staying at the same place and then back home in the same car! It was a great trip.

I wanted to show some pics of that part of Texas for those of you who have never been there. West Texas isn't hilly or full of trees like North or East Texas, but it is special mostly because it is HOME, but also because certain things make it unique.

The first is Taco Villa! Our most absolute favorite place to eat. You don't see TV in the Dallas or Austin area. I keep saying I am going to write a letter to the family (Brando went to school & played baseball with their son) who owns them in Lubbock and get them to put one here! This pic is in the car on our way back to Dallas. Grandad fed us a great breakfast, but by the time we got gas, went by Mom's and the baseball field, the boys needed their TV breakfast burrito fix. It worked out great, because they didn't eat again until we got to the house. We only had to stop once on the way home.

The second would be the cotton fields. They really are pretty with their white rows upon rows. It is stripping season so many farmers were out working on our way home Sunday.

And...most importantly the oil pumps. I can remember going places when I was little and trying to count these. They always reminded me of horses for some reason.

The other picture is something that has become more and more common in West Texas due to the winds. These create energy and they have muliplied like crazy in the last 2 years. I can't imagine living with them right outside my house, but there are many homes in the midst of these modern windmills.

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse of West Texas.

Stay tuned tomorrow for a new little thing I want to do called FABULOUS FRIDAYS! I love the word Fabulous. I am going to show someone, someplace or something that is fabulous to me!

Hugs,
K

No comments: