Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Day!




All my boys were busy and helpful...of course the more help I had with the food, the faster the food got on the table! We enjoyed a great lunch and then headed to the movie to see
The Blind Side!
Oh my goodness, that was the best movie I have seen in a long time!
I would love to meet the real mother in person. She must be a ball of fire!
Sandra Bullock was awesome and so was the actor who played Michael Orr.
I actually want to sit and watch a football game (that he is playing in) now.
You gotta go see this movie and buy it when it comes out on DVD!
Very inspirational and perfect for the holidays.
Then...we had our Big Entertainment for the evening!
The boys and my Mom said Brent couldn't jump up and touch the arched opening that separates our kitchen from the living room. Well, of course he had to prove them wrong!
He took a step or two start, jumped up, touched the arch,
then in slow motion his foot slipped on the tile and he started falling backward where luckily our couch is and did a BACK FLIP over the back of the couch, angled himself just enough to miss the edge of our coffee table and landed standing UP! It was a perfect 10 if I do say so myself!
We were all just standing there staring with our eyes wide and mouths wide open in disbelief as to what was happening! It was a move that Doug from King of Queens would have done!
At first, when he started falling backward I though he was doing it on purpose, but then as he kept going over, over, over the back of the couch I just was speechless. We all laughed hysterically at that point just grateful he didn't break anything!
So...next year for Thanksgiving if you're not busy,
our house is the place to be for all your Holiday Entertaining!!! :)
(shhhhh, don't tell Doug, oops I mean Brent, I told you)
I don't know if you've noticed, but I've posted three different posts in one night!
I needed to play catch up!
Tuck is at a friend's house, Brent is asleep, and the big boys are watching movies!
Tomorrow I hope to post my treasures I found in McKinney a couple of weeks ago and an album that I covered at a crop I went to about a month ago!
Hugs,
K

No comments: